Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fall is finally here!

When temperatures finally cool down for fall, I always get the itch to do three things: cook fall foods, get out my winter clothes, and decorate my house. Well, I got impatient this year and already started on the fall foods, but winter clothes and decorating have yet to be checked off my list. Needing to choose between the remaining two, I picked the one that's more fun - decorating!
Wreaths have always struck me as very welcoming on a front door, so I set out on a mission to find the perfect one for fall. Determined not to spend much, I turned to an old friend for help - Hobby Lobby. It's the place where all of your decorating and crafting dreams come true. In a matter of minutes I found everything I needed to create a gorgeous wreath for my door - and the best part is that it only cost me $10.
Here's what you need:
- One grape vine wreath
- Six sprigs with leaves and berries attached
Just weave five of the berry sprigs into the wreath and use the remaining sprig to fill in the bare spots. And voila! In only 20 minutes you have an inexpensive decoration that's handmade! As Nick would say, "At last - we have a fall wreath. Finally our lives are complete."

Next up - FINALLY a summary of Indy07 events!

3 comments:

Nick said...

tis' a nice wreath.

Nick said...

We want a picture of the Gracie wreath!

Mia said...

Jerilyn your life is complete when you have a fall wreath - I don't have one and therefore my life isn't complete - and at least Nick noticed the wreath - Steve wouldn't notice it until I took it down... hehehe.