Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Sunday night well spent

This past weekend was perfect in so many ways. I got to spend time with my fabulous husband, the fall weather was amazing, and I got to enjoy a Steelers game complete with proper football food - pierogies and Italian hot sausage sandwiches. I was especially thankful for the pierogies because we almost didn't get them. Nick and I went on a tri-store search before Dillons finally came through for us. One worker even asked if they were some type of organic food...uh, hardly. Here's a little glimpse of what proper football game food looks like:

But I digress. The game against the Cleveland Browns was great - especially because we came out with a win. The funniest thing, though, was that it was so windy in Cleveland that night that food wrappers and other garbage were flying around the field during every play. It was nasty.
Anyway, the important thing is that we came out with the W (despite some lame plays and half-hearted attempts on our part). The good news is that we've got a whole season to keep improving and working our way toward Superbowl ring #6.