Sunday, December 6, 2009

Why I'm Extra Thankful This Holiday Season

It seems like only yesterday, but two years ago my husband and I were preparing to begin a new phase of our lives. Nick was getting ready to go back to school to become a nurse. We had revisited the discussion about going to school countless times, but he had finally decided to change careers.

I won't lie - we were as scared about this journey as we were excited. Would we be able to afford our monthly expenses on reduced income? How would we find time to spend together with his class and study group schedules?

But we soon realized something that we knew all along - God was going to take care of us. The month before Nick started classes, I got a new job with a raise. Soon after classes started, Nick was awarded a scholarship that covered all of his tuition. In addition to that, Nick's employer agreed to let him continue to work, but with reduced hours. Family and friends stepped up in ways we can't even begin to properly thank them or repay them for. Nick even developed friendships with classmates that we can't even imagine not having in our lives now.

While it wasn't always a walk in the park, I wouldn't trade these past two years for anything. And in a couple of weeks I can't wait to watch as he graduates from nursing school. I'm so proud of him and can't wait to see where this next phase in our lives together will lead us.

No comments: