Monday, July 30, 2007

Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie...


My blog isn't as focused on food as my sister-in-law foodierachel, but I had a victory in experiemental cooking tonight and I just have to share. I don't know many people who don't enjoy a homemade chicken pot pie, but some versions of the recipe are so time consuming that this classic dish falls to the wayside during the week. But not this one, friends!
This is all you need:
2 cups of cooked chicken breast, shredded
18 oz. of mixed veggies
2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
2 packages of crescent rolls

Piece together an entire package of crescent rolls in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate (grease it first!!).
Mix the shredded chicken, veggies, and soup and pour into the prepared pie plate.
Take the second package of crescent rolls and piece them together to form the top crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for an hour and you've got a super tasty dinner. How easy is that??

This was a quick post, but there are more to come, including pics of our weekend at the lake and highlights from Indy07!!!

2 comments:

foodierachel said...

Mmm.....looks tasty and easy! I knew they're would be a recipe on Hello JeriO eventually :)

Anonymous said...

I apologize for not taking this picture before I devoured an entire helping. I had to make sure it was worthy of a photo...and it was. Not that Jerilyn ever makes anything that isn't worthy...